Wednesday, August 30, 2006

It's raining It's pouring the old man is snoring

I was lucky this morning I took the woofs for a walk they needed a lot of encouragement half way through I must have sounded like a personal trainer for dogs, "C'mon Champ step it up" we got back about half an hour ago and its pouring I'm very happy that I missed that

you have seen the cabbages well today the first of the Silver beet popped up Yaaaaaaay they all look pretty much the same little green round leaves in pairs, I'm still waiting on:

  • snow peas
  • climbing beans
  • Eggplant
  • Tomatoes
  • capsicums
  • cucumber
  • pumpkin
  • rock melon
  • watermelon

I don't have much hope for the rock melon and cucumber because I heard on a garden show that they don't grow very well in clay soil which is where I planted them along with the pumpkin and watermelon because I ran out of garden soil and have yet to get some more but I wanted to get the seeds started, I have just realised I have planted quite a few things that I'm not all that fond of, cabbage, capsicum and watermelon but it is a bit of fun to see things that I have planted growing

1 comment:

Berrie said...

Hey BBJB
Thanks for your message on my blog...hey you go girl with your vegies growing that is so good will save you heaps too when they are harvested...and maybe you might get lucky with the things that dont normally grow..you may just achieve it..
All the best
Berrie :)
hey and all dogs need a personal trainer hehehhe