Friday, January 05, 2007

In loving memeory

today is the second anniversary of my Nan's passing,
I think the whole deal was very traumatic for everyone and so the day has not been named yet,
I think I'll call it magnificent magnolia day because that's one of my first memories, sitting in the kitchen with my nan learning to say "Nans Magnificent magnolia", I was probably 3 or 4, the magnolia is still there outside the kitchen window, in autumn it drops its leaves on the driveway, in spring its the flower petals its absolutely gorgeous

nan had bowel cancer, it wasn't discovered until they found the secondary cancer in her liver there was something mentioned about an operation she had quite a few years before for a twisted bowel being related or some such thing, all I know is that it is the worst thing in the world to watch some one you love so dearly suffer for so long , and there is nothing you can do about it, life sucks sometimes

I'm sure Pa would have gone to the cemetery today as he does a Christmas, their wedding anniversary and birthdays, mum hope he doesn't go because he has to, someone asked him the other day about the widows at the bowls club chasing him yet he replied that he wont let them, he very attached to his routines and way of life and to what is right and wrong

Happy magnificent magnolia day .........

1 comment:

jen said...

Memories of our loved ones do keep do keep them close to us....glad you are remmebering your nan with the magnolia....they are magnificent!!