Monday, October 02, 2006

WOW what a long weekend

I suppose I should start with Thursday, Yes I did go to work, with the help of a good dose of cold and flu stuff.
Friday I was the only one who was going to be there so I had to go, I woke up feeling a lot better though.
Hmmm Saturday, Saturday was a big one, the boy went to work early for an overtime shift I lazed about for the few hrs he was at work then we hit his nans place, armed with

  • a BBQ Chook
  • 1/2 doz Rolls
  • a Chain saw
  • chain oil
  • a line trimmer (aka whipper snipper or brush cutter)
  • a roll of line
  • side cutters
  • 2 pair of gloves
  • rope
  • 2 big sombrero style hats
  • 2 bottles of water
  • a Jerry can of petrol
  • a bottle of 2 stroke oil
Nan's garden is now much tidier, I'm not sure exactly how big the yard is but it is pretty big, I did the mowing, I love mulcher mowers, I've never used one before its so great not to have to worry about the little twigs in the way. The boy chainsawed any branches that were below 6ft so that you can walk under the trees comfortably, nan kept saying, "don't cut that its in flower", "OK nan" says the boy, as soon as she walked away that tree got its cut, there is now a big pile of branches in the middle of the yard I think the plan is to go back over the next few weekends and take a few loads to the tip.

Sunday, I worked it was a pretty big day. on the way home I had a mega craving for a MC Chicken, or a Big Mac, I stopped at Maccas and stood in the line with 15 or so people, there were three people serving so I figured I wouldn't wait long, then one went to take an order out to a car, another went to take one of those rolls out to a table, and the third just disappeared I looked up and saw 4 or 5 people hanging around the chip station and no one serving, so I gave up and left. I got home and the boy had gone to his brothers to watch the footy which left me alone, I was pretty sad I wanted to see him before he went, I shared a garlic bread and a home brand pizza with the woofs. since my nose was blocked it wasn't all that great, I slept the rest of the afternoon, I was in the middle of a really bad dream, something about trying to smuggle some keys out of a country and we got caught the result wasn't going to be pleasant, when the boy rang he thought I sounded sad or upset, I assured him I was OK , I went back to sleep until he got home when I had a drink with him and we went to bed

Today I woke up feeling rubbish, did some washing, played with the woofs the boys mate came over, I rang mum, I was supposed to go and put a power point in this weekend, they were gardening, after his mate left I went to mum and dads where I helped put in some garden lights, then we went and mowed grandmas lawn, her yard is pretty big but its pretty much all grass with 2 mowers dad and I got it done in half the usual time, lucky me got the section near the mulberry tree which resulted in a few ripe mulberry's disappearing as I passed (its a small tree).
After grandmas we went to a friends place to christen the pool, they kept going on about how warm it was, I was bloody freezing, dinner was steak and salad, desert was vanilla soaked pears mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I am going to try this with some of the fruit we get from the garden, first experiment will be peaches which are growing nicely, we will be setting up fruit fly traps very soon

No comments: