Saturday, November 11, 2006

remembrance day

well today we actually went and mowed the boy's nans lawn again....... today was almost remembrance day, at around 5 to 11 we were in the car on the way to mow the lawns, they played the usual last post, then "the Ode", then reveille along with some people speaking about their experiences, then the radio went silent, as is expected at 11 o'clock on the 11Th day of the 11Th month.
I was deeply disappointed that the boy didn't shut up for the whole minute not even for part of it. I told him off straight after because he couldn't even be quiet for that one particular minute the reply was some thing about how me and dad constantly gibber when we are out together........ I know we both would stop for that particular minute. I am surprised considering how into war history and things the boy is yet he couldn't stop talking for 60 seconds to honour those who have been involved in war. I know its a small thing but I was brought up believing it is very important to respect people especially those who have been.

No comments: